Weka Extension W-Logistic Regression Operator - Weka Results tab doesn't produce any output ???

lanemlanem Member, University Professor Posts: 29 Maven
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi 

Weka Extension W-Logistic Regression Operator - Weka Results tab doesn't produce any output ???

Description Tab works fine provides the Logistic Regression Coefficients and Odds Ratios for the Coefficients but Weka Results Tab doesn't produce any result

I demonstrate this using the North Textbook Data Mining for Masses Chapter 9 Logistic Regression data sets and two screen captures of relevant outputs in RapidMiner

Any advice on this - is this simply a bug in the Weka Extension Logistic Regression operator in RapidMiner??? 

or is there someway to get the output Weka Result Tab 

Regards Michael

Best Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Looks like another Weka operator bug to me.  There are reports of several of them at this point, I hope someone is able to take a look at that extension in the near future, it really has a lot of helpful algorithms that there are not native RapidMiner operators for!  Fortunately, in this case the recently overhauled native Logistic Regression operator (actually coming from H20.ai) is a pretty good substitute.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • lanemlanem Member, University Professor Posts: 29 Maven
    Solution Accepted

Hi

Many thanks yes I am using the standard logistic regression operator now available in RapidMiner provides a lot of useful information only thing it does not calculate the odds ratio for each coefficient

but that is easily calculated in either in a Excel Spreadsheet or in RapidMiner using exp function with abs function nested inside for instance exp(abs(coeff-value)) etc

it would be good to see RapidMiner implement this missing statistical value and also the risk ratio would be even better

cheers Michael RapidMiner overall rocks!!!