"Looking for a HowTo, to do Text Mining and Tagging"

agentoo7agentoo7 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,

i am new in this area. I am a student and i am doing my Bachelor thesis at the moment.
I have to use a Text mining tool for tagging News Posts from a MySQL Database.

Has anyone a Howto or guide for this ?

Regards
Steve

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Steve,
    I would recommend, you should take a look on the DatabaseExampleSource. This should help you, getting the data into RapidMiner. For getting familiar with the text mining plugin, of which you will probably need almost all operators, you should go through the example processes delivered with the plugin.
    It will tell you, how to proceed.

If you have more detailed questions, you might post them here.

Greetings,
    Sebastian
  • agentoo7agentoo7 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your reply. I tried the DatabaseExampleSource and i got connection.
    The other thing is, do you have any guides, how to tag a post.
    A step by step guide would be very useful.

Regards
    Steve
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Steve,
    if it would be that simple, why do you think, you will get your bachelor for this? And why should I get paid for knowing this things?
    Giving you a general introduction would beyond the scope of this forum, so I think you will have to find a solution for your problem yourself...

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • RalfKlinkenbergRalfKlinkenberg Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member, Unconfirmed, University Professor Posts: 68 RM Founder
    Hi Steve,

the tutorial of the RapidMiner text plugin provides some information and example processes for text classification. For more detailed and extensive information, I would recommend to take a look at your text mining webinars and training courses:  http://rapid-i.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,180/lang,en/vmcchk,1/

Best regards,
    Ralf
  • JibJabJabJibJabJab Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Actually it would be a great idea to provide some basic tutorials for typical student research processes. It would make people try out the program and even explore it more on their own. Some kind of a starter drug - if it would be reasonable priced. Also the webinar shedule is not really that student friendly since it expects someone to wait for 2-3 weeks for just some introduction video. Making the free ones instant would save both the user and the instructors time.
  • RalfKlinkenbergRalfKlinkenberg Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member, Unconfirmed, University Professor Posts: 68 RM Founder
    There is a free online tutorial within RapidMiner (check the RapidMiner Help menu and select RapidMiner Tutorial). It provides about 40 interactive tutorial pages, each with an executable data mining process, sampel data, and lots of explanations. And there is a 600-700 page PDF RapidMiner Tutorial downloadable form our home page. And there is a free intro video on our home page. All of that for free and available immediately.

Plus there are free live webinars. But these webinars are not just videos. They are live and there needs to be some instructor available. And hey, you get all of the aforementioned for free. How much more of a teaser do you need?

The word student has something to do with study and doing some work by yourself. So please make use of the freely available material before complaining and do not expect others to do your bachelor or masters project work.

Best regards,
    Ralf