Lag series operator with lag -1

qwertz2qwertz2 Member Posts: 49 Guru
edited June 2019 in Help

Dear all,

I would like to suggest a new feature to the "lag series" operator of the series extension. Currently this operator lags the selected attribute according to the specified parameter. However, the parameter has to be >= 1. So I was wondering why this is limited in that way. I would come handy if this operator could also lag negative values -> the other direction.

Best regards

Sachs

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="7.5.001">
<context>
<input/>
<output/>
<macros/>
</context>
<operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="7.5.001" expanded="true" name="Process">
<process expanded="true">
<operator activated="true" class="generate_data" compatibility="7.5.001" expanded="true" height="68" name="Generate Data" width="90" x="45" y="34"/>
<operator activated="true" class="series:lag_series" compatibility="7.4.000" expanded="true" height="82" name="Lag Series" width="90" x="179" y="34">
<list key="attributes">
<parameter key="att1" value="1"/>
</list>
</operator>
<connect from_op="Generate Data" from_port="output" to_op="Lag Series" to_port="example set input"/>
<connect from_op="Lag Series" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
<portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
<portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
<portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
</process>
</operator>
</process>
Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Hey, this is a great idea. Have you thought about adding it to our Idea forum? Our Developers scan that regularily for ideas instead of digging through there. 

• suleymansahalsuleymansahal Member Posts: 27 Contributor II

Hi,

Is there any development for this idea?

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi @suleymansahal,

I see where you are comming from. A workaround would be to sort the data set the other way around, lag it, and sort it again.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • suleymansahalsuleymansahal Member Posts: 27 Contributor II

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the solution. I guess I just have to create new id attribute if the present one is not in correct order.