Options

The logic of Vector Linear Regression

t_ghanbarpourt_ghanbarpour Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi,

I  have searched about vector linear regression on the web about the mathematical logic of the algorithm but didn't find anything.

It would help a lot if anybody helps me out with the mathematical aspect of vector linear regression and its difference with linear regression.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

as far as i know: Vector linear regression is a simple linear regression but with many labels. these are specified by having label_1 etc as role.

Best.

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

did you deactivate everything fance e.g. removal of collinear features in the LinReg?

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• Options
    MaerkliMaerkli Member Posts: 84 Guru

Hallo,

Please, have a look at these two videos produced by Ingo, one of the most senior persons from Rapidminer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maCLzxLyX6U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsiWisFFruY

With a quick search along "Vector Linear Regression" & "Linear Regression", it is easy to find more formal (mathematical) explanation (algebra, vector theory).

Bonne chance,

Maerkli

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

"Ingo, one of the most senior persons from Rapidminer" :)

FYI @IngoRM is one of two founders of RapidMiner (the other is @RalfKlinkenberg) and they literally wrote the first versions of RapidMiner back 10 years ago (it was originally called YALE). So yeah, @IngoRM is definitely one of our more senior members!

Scott

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@sgenzer the operative word is "senior!" hehehe!

• Options

Thank you for the response.

But as you know support vector machines (and SVR) are something different than vector linear regression.

So, any difference between vector linear regression and support vector regression?

• Options

Thank you,

I implemented both linear regression and vector linear regression on a single labeled dataset, but the results were totally different!

• Options

So, any other idea about the differences of these two algorithms?

• Options

Thank you, it worked!

I unchecked the 'eliminate colinear features' and changed the feature selection to 'Iterative T-Test'. Now the linear regression and vector linear regression are giving same results.