Options

Port Forwarding RapidMiner Studio from AWS to your Windows machine

Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
edited February 2020 in Help

I had to install RapidMiner Studio on an AWS instance for a project, then port forward X11 back to my windows laptop. This was a pretty neat thing to do and I'm posting a link to how I did here. This should probably be a KB article but I can't do it this second. 

Answers

• Options
    hughesfleming68hughesfleming68 Member Posts: 323 Unicorn

This is great Thomas, Thanks!

Is there any reason other than the technical challenge that you used a Linux instance on AWS rather than Windows Server with RDP? I am always impressed with how well RDP works so I rarely look at other possibilities. I will have to give this a try.

Kind regards,

Alex

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@hughesfleming68 oh I tend to gravitate to Linux cause of my Raspberry Pi hacking. It was a round about hackish way because I could RDP into where I need to go originally because I'm behind a dynamic IP. I had to go to a static IP and AWS was the way to go. 

That said, I'm not running this anymore because we figured out an easier way. Still, I wanted to share how I did it incase anyone wants to try it.