What is this label used for?

2131012221310122 Member Posts: 40 Guru
edited November 2018 in Help

I am reading your code and want to know what this label <replaces> is used for?

<operator>
<key>visualize_model_by_som</key>
<class>com.rapidminer.operator.visualization.SOMModelVisualization</class>
<replaces>ModelVisualizer</replaces>
</operator>

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

correct,rfuentealba! Operators are referenced via their key, a unique identifier for each operator (extensions use the format "extension_id:operator_key").

Sometimes, an old operator gets replaced by a newer version, which is reflected by the <replaces> tag. These days, it's basically just for our reference, but there is old code that did use the tag to automatically exchange old operators etc. We disabled that feature because if various implications that could break your existing processes.

So as I said, just a clue for developers that this is an operator that replaced an older operator, but not really used in the code.

Regards,

Marco

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn

Hi @2131012,

I took a quick look at the GitHub code from RapidMiner Studio, and it appears just once. I have a hunch that this operator (SOMethingVisualizer) replaces an older one named ModelVisualizer that was deprecated in earlier versions, but that the reference is there in case a plugin or something required the ModelVisualizer class. However, don't take my word for granted. If I'm wrong, someone will probably come to my help. (pinging @sgenzer, as he is the man with the plan).