improvement to windowing operator in Radoop

JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
edited December 2018 in Product Feedback - Resolved

Really like the windowing operator in Radoop.  However it would be nice if it kept the sort (usually ID) and chosen Partition for the last record is kept in the output. This allows me to join it back with other records. 

I can work around this by creating a "master_value" record which is a concatenated field containing the value that I want to Window & the partition & ID info.  Then I can split the values up afterwards for my Horizon field and remove the extra info from the standard attributes.  It's messy, so I'd really like a way to select the values I want to keep in output within the windowing operator. 

Example:

ExampleWindow.png

0 votes

Fixed and Released · Last Updated

Comments

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

tagging @jpuente

• jpuentejpuente Employee, Member Posts: 53 RM Product Management

Hi

Thanks a lot for your input. Even if, as you say, there is a workaround, the request is reasonable. We'll look into it.

Regards,

Jesús

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

thx @jpuente. Pushing to Product Ideas. Can you pls tag me on the ticket so I can follow?

Scott

• asimonasimon Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Community Manager, RapidMiner Certified Master, Member Posts: 8 RM Engineering

Will be included in the final 9.0.0 release. 

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

Wow thanks guys!