NetCDF

tcm5026tcm5026 Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
Hello all,
I am fairly new to RapidMiner and I have a input data format question.  I have a large dataset that is in NetCDF formation (filename.nc).  I'm not seeing from the documentation how to load this formatted data into RapidMiner.  Does anyone know how to load a NetCDF file?  If not, does anyone have any suggestions for what/how to convert NetCDF to a file format this is easily input into RapidMiner?  Thanks for any help or suggestion!
-Tyler

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    as far as I know, this format is binary and rather complex. Unfortunately you cannot load it with the built in operators. There might be a possibility do create a special operator for this file format, but since you are the first one asking for this format, we won't handle it with high priority. Might be, it will be included in the upcoming Import Extension of Rapid Miner, but we don't know yet.

I think it should be possible to convert this format somehow into a .csv file, which would be easily readable by RapidMiner.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • tcm5026tcm5026 Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Sebastian,
    Thank you very much for the quick response.  I will look into converting it into a .csv file and then uploading it.  Thanks again for the help!!
    -Tyler