RapidMiner Studio 9 RELEASE thread

sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
edited May 2020 in Help

This is a new thread dedicated solely to questions, issues, praise, constructive criticism of the new RapidMiner 9.0. Please feel free to comment below.

NOTE: if you have comments about Turbo Prep and/or Auto Model, there is a separate forum for that here.

Enjoy the new RapidMiner 9.0 Studio!

Scott

Tagged:

Answers

• servumtuumservumtuum Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

I updated from Studio 8.2.1 Communty Edition today to Studio 9.0 and it is malfunctioning.  The loading splash screen indicates Trial Edition rather than Community Edition and after experimenting a bit and loading some of my own workflows the Results view does not appear and the Repository panel is freezing and I am unable to scroll through any reposositories.  Any help here would be welcome.

Robert

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

1. I admit that "Trial" naming is a bit confusing, but with RapidMiner Studio 9.0 you get a Trial license (which is equivalent to a Large commercial license feature-wise) by default. So nothing to worry about, you are just getting a better license for a limited amount of time to try Turbo Prep. It will go back to your previous license after the Trial expires. In other words, you just gained more power temporarily, you did not lose anything.
    2. I would need more information on the other two issues:
      • What exactly happens after you did what?
      • Any way to reliably reproduce the issues?
      • Anything noteworthy in the USER_HOME/.RapidMiner/rapidminer-studio.log file?
      • When the Results view stays empty, does "View -> Restore Default View" help from the top menu?

Regards,

Marco

• Ashutosh1Ashutosh1 Member Posts: 8 Contributor I

I'm not able to use the RapidMiner Studio 9.0 after updating it from RapidMiner 8.2. It was working fine in when the version was not updated.

It is showing the following error. 

rapidminer error.jpgRAPIDMINER ERROR1.jpg

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @Ashutosh1 - did you click Start normally? What happened?

Scott

Yes.. I clicked start normally and just the window page of RapidMiner 9.0 is opening with a display of starting... at the bottom as mentioned in the earlier post with picture.

I waited long for more than 30 minutes keeping the RapidMiner whindow page open but nothing happend.

Even i tried uninstalling and deleting all local files and re installing the RapidMiner 9.0 again but still the same problem is showing.

I also tried the other option showing Disable extensions but then also the Rapidminer window is just freezed and its not going further..

Please help

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

ok that's strange. Can you please send me your rapidminer-studio.log file via private message?

Yes.. Please guide me how to send the log file, I will be thankful to you.

go to home -> .RapidMiner folder. The file is in there.

Scott

• hughesfleming68hughesfleming68 Member Posts: 323 Unicorn

I am looking at the new time series operators and I am having difficulty with the new windowing operator. It seems that I can't use it with a binomial label. Is this the expected behavior as it still is possible using the windowing operator from the extension? My older processes work fine but I am recreating them with the new operators. The new windowing operator seems to only work with a numerical label.

regards,

Alex

• s_sorrenti3s_sorrenti3 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

I have that same problem too. I updated and after experimenting a bit and loading some of my own workflows the Results view does not appear and the Repository panel is freezing and I am unable to scroll through any reposositories.

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

thank you for the report! We have identified a (in testing very rare) issue that can cause the entire UI to freeze. This should not happen reliably, i.e. if you restart Studio it will not happen again, is that correct?

In any case, we will push out a patch for this and a few other issues probably next week.

Regards,

Marco

• tftemmetftemme Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 164 RM Research

@hughesfleming68 wrote:

I am looking at the new time series operators and I am having difficulty with the new windowing operator. It seems that I can't use it with a binomial label. Is this the expected behavior as it still is possible using the windowing operator from the extension? My older processes work fine but I am recreating them with the new operators. The new windowing operator seems to only work with a numerical label.

regards,

Alex

Hi @hughesfleming68,

Unfortunately you are right. Currently all new time series operators are only working on numerical attributes (except for the indices attributes, which can handle date_time as well). As you correctly guessed, this is also the reason that the old series extension is not yet deprecated. In the future we will replace and enhance the functionality of the old series extension step by step. Also nominal series will come in the future.

Best regards,
    Fabian

• SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

Hi,

I've only praise to give, the new turbo prep is great! It is similar to some data integration tools and I love that the preview gets updated when you commit.

I would like to have a similar feature in the Design view, i.e. the option of running an operator and possibly making "save points", because the current debugging/testing with breakpoints wastes a lot of time and resources.

Great job anyways!!

• s_sorrenti3s_sorrenti3 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

@Marco_Boeck wrote:

Hi,

thank you for the report! We have identified a (in testing very rare) issue that can cause the entire UI to freeze. This should not happen reliably, i.e. if you restart Studio it will not happen again, is that correct?

In any case, we will push out a patch for this and a few other issues probably next week.

Regards,

Marco

I restarted Studio multiple times but the issue isn't resolved. Where can I download older versions of the Rapidminer Studio?

• servumtuumservumtuum Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

I wanted to let you know that the simple expedient of a computer restart seems to have corrected the issues I was having, Studio 9.0 is now starting normally and is functioning as expected without noticeable glitches. Thank you.

Robert

tagging @tftemme

There might be a problem with the Read CSV operator in version 9.01. This is something that I use all the time. Rapidminer is actually freezing. I had to exit using the task manager in Windows. It has happened a couple of times today.

I will try another machine just in case.

Alex

hi @hughesfleming68 - can you please send me your rapidminer-studio.log and your cta.h2.db files via email? I'd like to take a look at this.

Scott

Email: sgenzer@rapidminer.com

I will Scott,

As soon as I can reproduce the error, I will send you all the details.

Alex

Hi Scott,

I have sent the files and a screen shot of what I am seeing. I can reproduce it easily. I will try with my laptop as well just in case. There may be something about my setup.

regards,

Alex

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn

Hi there, seems I have some issues when using an execute process. Not sure how to name it correctly, but when I modify a context variable and use that as a macro value it seems the previous one remains in memory. I am using this variable as a dynamic folder definition (Like ../folder/%{myVariable}/)

So now my typical process behaves like this : modify context variable, run process, macro window shows correct value, execute process fails, when opening the failed process it shows the one using the old variable value, close and run again and then it works fine.

Also, the process window sometimes just remains blank, sometimes it returns by just switching back and forward beween design and result tabs, but other times I had to close and reopen the process completely.

It could be my environment, I am running on a Ubuntu 18.04 test environment and it seems to be a bit buggy when it comes to Rapidminer.

• sunnyalsunnyal Member Posts: 44 Contributor II

Just updated to 9 and since then nigtmare began.. The sudio seem to have a sever bug, it doesnt show design tab. 

Steps to reproduce:

run a process

see the results 

designer tab disappears

hello @sunnyal - can you please send me your rapidminer-studio.log and your cta.h2.db files from your .RapidMiner folder via email or some other way? I want to get this to engineering to take a look.

Thanks.

Scott

sgenzer    [AT]   rapidminer.com

Hi,

what exactly does "disappear" mean for you? (A screenshot would be ideal)

1. The entire tab is nowhere to be found in the Design View, the "Process" tab and it's title header are completely missing?
    2. The "Process" tab title header is still there, but the tab content is empty and all the buttons above the process are gone?
      • If so, is the former process panel grey or white?
    3. The "Process" tab title header is still there, but the tab content is empty, HOWEVER all the buttons above the process are still there?
      • If so, is the former process panel grey or white?

Also, what operating system are you running?

Are you using RapidMiner Studio 9.0.1?

Regards,

Marco