Image recognition extension

xesuspablo_gonzxesuspablo_gonz Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

I am an educational RapidMiner Studio 9 user. I want to test image recognition capabilities, but I didn't find any extension that works under my educational licence.

For example, this IMMI Extension looks like perfect, but when I try to run it on my computer, my rapidminer don't like it because it is an unsigned extension.

I tried to grant additional permissions to unsigned extensions, but this option is only for large licences.

So, any ideas? How can I run this extension in an educational rapidminer? Are there other signed extensions that can do that work?

Thanks a lot!

Tagged:

Answers

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Hi @xesuspablo_gonz,

Unfortunately, the extension you mentionned is no longer maintained.

RapidMiner 9 is now incompatible with this extension and will raise an error with most of the operators of this extension.

Personally, I'm not aware of an other RapidMiner's Image Mining extension.

Regards,

Lionel

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

yes that is all correct. However the new Deep Learning extension will have image analysis capabilities soon. :) Tagging @pschlunder to see if he has further insight on this...

Scott

• pschlunderpschlunder Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 96 RM Research

Yes that's correct. You'll learn about it soon, I can't give any more details, yet. Sorry.

Regards,

Philipp

• xesuspablo_gonzxesuspablo_gonz Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

And what about downloading an older rapidminer educational version? Where are those files? (sourceforge project is abandoned)

Thanks a lot!

• jczogallajczogalla Employee, Member Posts: 144 RM Engineering

The repository moved to github: click

You can also find the old version 5.3 here.