Options

Communications link failure

njhelloworldnjhelloworld Member Posts: 16 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

I guess no one ever posted a sloved solution with this problem, so I wanted to post this again.. HELP!!! something went wrong during installation..Communications Link Failure the last packet sent successfully.... Attached is the image for the error.. please HELP ME!!! T_T. How to do this??

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Hi @njhelloworld,

If you can open the MySQL port with the browser, it's not a MySQL connection but a Web connection, e.g., you are configuring https://127.0.0.1:8080/ instead of mysql://root:password@127.0.0.1:3306/database?encoding=utf-8. If that is the case, I would double check the MySQL connection settings, as MySQL is not HTTP.

All the best,

Answers

• Options

I can sense that somethings wrong with the rapidminer server of the connection

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

Hi,

this is a MySQL error message. It is coming from the JDBC driver so that part of the setup is correct.

However, the connection information (host name, port) is probably not right.

Regards,

Balázs

• Options

T_T ..the hostname with port can be opened in the browser without rapidminer, I guess the hostname and port are working properly

@BalazsBarany wrote:

Hi,

this is a MySQL error message. It is coming from the JDBC driver so that part of the setup is correct.

However, the connection information (host name, port) is probably not right.

Regards,

Balázs