Model Performance

k_vishnu772k_vishnu772 Member Posts: 34 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi All,

I want to see how the model performcane improves as i add data to the model.I want to add one row at a time and see the performance ? is there any way how i can i achive it and represent in graph? how to do it properly?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vishnu

Tagged:

Best Answer

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Hi SGolbert!

Yes, the operator is deprecated but still usable (just look at the Log output).

If you want to do the same manually, create a list of sample ratios (e. g. 0.25, 0.50, 0.75, 1) or absolute sample sizes (e. g. 100, 150, 200, ...) and use Loop Values to sample the example set with this parameter, determine the performance and log it. 

Regards,

Balázs 

Answers

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Hi @k_vishnu772,

I think that Loop and Filter Example Range operators can be a beginning of solution...

In order we give you more precise elements of answer, can you share your dataset(s) and your process ?

Regards,

Lionel

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

Hi!

What you describe is called a "learning curve".

There's even a sample process for this in RapidMiner:

//Samples/processes/06_Meta/03_LearningCurve

Regards,

Balázs

• SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

Hi @BalazsBarany,

The LearningCurve operator is unfortunately deprecated :S

To extend the topic a bit: What do you use for model diagnostics in RapidMiner?

• kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn

Hi @BalazsBarany

Little offtopic if you kindly let me... and just pure curiosity.

I was always wondering what is the reason for deprecating some operators without providing a replacement?  

I remember the same thing happened to 'Stream Database' operator (maybe the name is wrong but you know it, a versatile alternative to 'Read Database'). I am sure there are more examples. So -- why? :)

Thanks. 

Hi @kypexin,

I'm not the right person to answer this, as I'm not in RapidMiner Development. There's probably one answer per operator, not one common one for all the operators.

In my experience RapidMiner tries to keep backward compatibility as far as it's possible, but sometimes keeping a deprecated operator would hinder other developments.

Regards,

Balázs

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

By the way @kypexin,

deprecated operators are not visible but still executeable. You can even get them back into processes if you know the key for it in the xml. Keys can be extracted from this xml: https://github.com/rapidminer/rapidminer-studio/blob/master/src/main/resources/com/rapidminer/resources/OperatorsCore.xml

W.r.t deprecation: Most deprecates are because we got a better replacement. Others have very special reasons.

BR,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany