Options

Connecting HIVE in a Kerborized cluster

Kai025Kai025 Member Posts: 1 Learner I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi all,

Im wondering if someone can help me here, I am trying to connecting to HIVE in a kerborized cluster.

I have HIVE connector extension but cant seems to get it work at all, and I can not find a tutourial for such use case. 

Can anyone help please?

Thank you in advance

Kai

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

moving this thread to Radoop.

Scott

• Options
    Pavithra_RaoPavithra_Rao Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 123 RM Data Scientist

Hi @Kai025

Could you please share error screenshot and log files that are generated when you try connecting to Hive from 'Hive Connector'.

Cheers,

• Options
    phellingerphellinger Employee, Member Posts: 103 RM Engineering

Hi @Kai025,

please note the last sentence of the description of the Hive Connector Extension on the Marketplace:

"Please note that only RapidMiner Radoop supports connection to a cluster secured by Kerberos."

It is unlikely that you can connect to a secure cluster with the Read Hive operator.

Good news is that the Radoop product also has a free version, and can do a lot more than with the Hive Connector Extension.

Best,

Peter