Options

Cobweb and sorting

crappy_vikingcrappy_viking Member Posts: 16 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

Cobweb cluster model is very interesting, it comes from cognitive sciences and always produces a set of clusters with balanced distribution. Now, it is very sensitive to the learning order, the sequence of examplesets.
I have tried RM4.6 with cobweb, and there is "NonDominated Sorting". Is it only increasing ? May we specify the sense of sorting, like "traditional sorting" ?
I can get the results by a few tricks like attribute construction then use the "opposite attribute", but a complete option for sorting direction would be handy.

C.V.

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    did you try the Sorting operator? It provides a parameter for the sorting direction.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    crappy_vikingcrappy_viking Member Posts: 16 Maven
    Yes, I have tried it, but it has not the same behaviour than the "NonDominated" one...Have you any information on it ?

c.v.
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the Sorting algorithm is, uhm, a sorting algorithm. I think in fact it uses merge sort, but I doubt, you wanted to hear this? What exactly do you want to know at all?

Greetings,
      Sebastian