buy and sell using Interactive Brokers streaming data and Rapidminer model

bill_gundasbill_gundas Member Posts: 1 Learner I
edited December 2018 in Help

I would appriciate a starting point.

I am a C# programmer. I can write the code. I don't know where to make a call or if there is any possibility of doing this.

if you have any idea on where to start , please comment.

i don't have any idea on where to start.

i need to consume IB data stream, come up with some sort of up down or natural prediction of the stock that i am listening.

Tagged:

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi @bill_gundas welcome to the community. That's a good question. Can you describe the data stream structure a little bit more? I've done a lot of API work but this looks more real-time than that. Once I can understand better your data source, I can hopefully guide you to the most useful RM tool...

Scott

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@bill_gundas doing this in realtime and using the RM platform will be hard. If you're doing EOD data, then it should be a lot easier.

If you want to go the realtime route, you're probably going to have to embed the RM java libraries and algos into a custom java program that connects to Interactive Brokers.