Options

Problems with Attribute Editor

spitfire_chspitfire_ch Member Posts: 38 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I am brand new to Rapidminer, but what I have seen so far, I like very much. The first couple of tests run smoothly, but now - that I try to use a table with more attributes, I don't manage to configure it any more with Attribute Editor. Probably I am just using it wrongly, so your help would be greatly appreciated. I have the following difficulties:
  • The first row contains the names. So I choose "use row as attribute names"
and it looks ok. However, when I save it, close it, and reopen the aml-file, I get errormessages like ... not being numeric. When I look at the table, it now contains the attribute names as names but also as row number one. I can delete the first row, but when I save and reopen the aml-file, it's there again.
  • I would like to use a binominal label having the following values: TRUE, FALSE. So I choose "label" instead of "attribute" and "binominal". I save the descriptions. When I try to open them again, I get the following error message: Cannot map another string for binary attribute: already mapped two strings! I guess this is related to the first problem, since keeps importing the first row containing the labels, and tries to add them to the valus.
So, am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? The table I try to import is saved as .csv and looks the following:

konto_id;Gruppe;Kartenart;Sprache;alter_hki;geschlecht;zivilstand;anz_kinder;wohnen;anz_aktive_mte;ratio_mailings_reagiert_bisher;umsatz_6mm;anz_gueltige_karten;einkommensgruppe_id;kreditlimite;kundenkategorie_name;ist_ruecksender
14429211;1000;VBC;d;47;f;verheiratet;4;Eigentuemer;2;0.3;1131.11;1;100;5000;Gefaehrdete_Kunden;FALSE
14429286;250;BC;d;49;both;verheiratet;0;unbekannt;2;0.17;608.4;2;40;5000;Standardkunden;FALSE
14429427;250;BC;d;43;m;ledig;0;unbekannt;0;0.19;27.5;1;1;5000;Standardkunden;FALSE
14429534;1000;VBC;d;49;f;verheiratet;0;unbekannt;3;0;1016.45;1;1;3000;Standardkunden;FALSE

Thank you very much for your help and kind regards
- spitfire

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    I assume, that you are using RapidMiner 4.6?
    Then I would recommend using the ExampleSource operator. This provides a Data Loading Wizard, which will guide you through the loading procedure. It finally writes a .aml file and a .dat file containing the data and its description. This then can easily be read by specifying the .aml file in the ExampleSource's attributes parameter.

Greetings,
    Ā  Sebastian
  • Options
    spitfire_chspitfire_ch Member Posts: 38 Maven
    Hi,

thank you very much for your reply! So, my problem was my assumption that the aml-file would provide metadata for any file (e.g. csv). Instead, it belongs to a .dat file, that does not contain any row for attribute names anymore. Ok, now I understand, thank you!

Greetings,

Hanspeter