Options

cannot even get a new project started

onyourmarkonyourmark Member, University Professor Posts: 10 University Professor
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi. I installed the 64 bit community version. When I press "new" project I don't see the Root tree icon. I guess I cannot find the operator tree view. I do see the operator view which is empty and I do see the Tree view which has Process in it but not the operator tree or the root tree. Can someone help me with this?

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    which version of RapidMiner do you use? I guess, you mean 5.0 but I can only guess...So please tell me, so that I can help you with your problem.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    onyourmarkonyourmark Member, University Professor Posts: 10 University Professor
    Hi. Thanks. It is version 5.
  • Options
    RalfKlinkenbergRalfKlinkenberg Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member, Unconfirmed, University Professor Posts: 68 RM Founder
    RapidMiner 5 let's you choose between the RapidMiner process tree view you are probably familiar with from RapidMiner 4.6 and a new graph view. You can switch between the two  modes with the window tabs at the top and you could also view both at the same time by moving the windows to different locations on the screen. In the tree view, you will see the process root, while there is no need for such a root in the graph view. You may find the following free RapidMiner intro video helpful:

http://rapid-i.com/videos/rm_5_demo_EN/rm_5_demo_EN.html

I hope you find this helpful.

Best regards,
    Ralf
  • Options
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. I wonder is there any good tutorial on how to get started with rapid i? I have looked but not found anything (especially for the latest version). I looked at the link you provided and I had already seen that but it doesn't explain the step by step begining steps for using the program.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    RapidMiner 5.0 is still beta and we hope to have such a tutorial available as soon as we finally release the program.

Greetings,
      Sebastian