store the output information of a process in the Excel file cells in the correct order

abroonabroon Member Posts: 8 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi, my goal is to store the output information of a process in the Excel file cells in the correct order. Help me guide this....

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

Take a look at the Advanced Reporting extension from Old World Computing which has a lot of functionality for working with Exel beyond the basic "Write Excel" operator.  I am sure @land would be happy to answer any additional questions you have about it.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn

Besides the excellent suggestion by @Telcontar120 about the Advanced Reporting extension developed by @land and that I totally second, I think that your issue has a simple solution: if all you want to do is to sort attributes due to some criteria, you should just put the Reorder Attributes operator before the Write Excel operator. Then you can manually order the attributes to suit your needs.

Hope this helps,

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn

Hi,

yes, I think it comes down to what you mean by correct order of cells: You can sort the data set's rows using Sort operator or reorder the columns using the Reorder Attributes operator. If you need to write the data (or multiple data sets) into the correct position within an excel sheet, you can do this using our Advanced Reporting extesion. The clue is, that you can fill in data there, but the formatting and every content will be copy from a template file. By this you can design simple static reports and even include charts. If you fill in the data with rapidminer and the charts are using this data, they will automatically be updated. Whenever someone opens the excel file, s/he can directly inspecting the data visually.

Greetings,

Sebastian

PS: There soon will be a shop system where you can automatically pay and get licenses for our extensions

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    PS: There soon will be a shop system where you can automatically pay and get licenses for our extensions

Woot woot! Great job Old World Computing and @land! Can't wait to see it!

Scott