"Including files in the extension Build"

s1phschos1phscho Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help

Hi there!

I'm currently making an extension for Part-of-Speech-Taggers and to initialize an operator with its tagger, it needs a model file (*.tagger).

So i have 2 questions, because the Gradle documentation isn't really helping me there:

1. How can i include a file in the build, so that the extension has an exact copy of it? 

2. What is the Adress of the File? The tagger needs to know where it is placed (with an argument like "path/to/file/xyz.tagger")

Obviously i cant just expect from a user to have the model files on him and specify them, they have to come with the extension.

Thanks,

Phil

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

would it be fine to have a sample repository with these options? Much like the usual Sample Data (Golf...) in RapidMiner?

BR,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • s1phschos1phscho Member Posts: 7 Contributor I

That would make a solution, but it would be neither clean, nor convenient. the operator is supposed to hold the model files when it is initialized, because the tagger can't load without it.

Phil

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi Phil,

okay, i guess this all needs to be done in the plugin init. Since i am not aware that we are doing it somewhere, i can't help directly. But i am sure our studio gurus like @jczogalla can. 

Will you publish it on market place? I am happy to sign up as a beta tester :)

Grüße aus Dortmund,

Martin

Dortmund, Germany
  • s1phschos1phscho Member Posts: 7 Contributor I

@mschmitz wrote:

Hi Phil,

okay, i guess this all needs to be done in the plugin init. Since i am not aware that we are doing it somewhere, i can't help directly. But i am sure our studio gurus like @jczogalla can. 

Or operator constructor, respectively. The main problem is, that this file needs to be in the installed extension somewhere.

@mschmitz wrote:

Will you publish it on market place? I am happy to sign up as a beta tester :)

Probably, but There will be a full NLP library, which other people will be working on too (each Part is its own Bachelor Thesis). If and when it is going to be published, is going to be decided by the Chair we are writing for :)

Phil

Hi,

The PluginInti ... .java has functions which are called when the extension is loaded (at splash screen). You can of course add code here which downloads files and puts them into the .RapidMiner folder. You can pic them up during execution. There should be some way to reference the .RapidMiner folder.

As i said, i am not an expert here. Let's wait for our dev team to respond.

Cheers,

Martin

Dortmund, Germany