Data analysis / sentiment analysis

vanvannyvroomvanvannyvroom Member Posts: 2 Newbie
edited December 2018 in Help
Hi, I have a set of 1000 data in the form of excel. I only have 2 columns. The first column is the row. the second column is the text. I need to sort them into positive comments, negative and neutral. But after watching some videos, I still don't understand how do i start. please help! or do you have a email that i can email to ask!

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

do you have labels?

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • vanvannyvroomvanvannyvroom Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    @mschmitz what is label? what do i do to get them labelled? or you mean label the columns/rows? 

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    a label, also called target variable, is the "ground truth". Basically a column which tells you what sentinement a given text has. If yes, you can build your own classifier. If not you need to opt for something prebuild like Aylien.
    BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    I would suggest to get started that you check out the free extensions from Aylien and Rosette, which offer out-of-the-box sentiment classifying via operator sets in RapidMiner.  They both allow a small amount of usage for free, which you can use to test the service, and they have tutorials on their websites on how to use them in RapidMiner.  If you decide you need something more complex then you can start working on that once you understand a bit more about how text mining in RapidMiner works, as you will need to do all the text processing on your own first.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts