How to Migrate the data from different excel files to Rapidminer?

abayesteabayeste Member Posts: 1 Learner I
edited December 2018 in Help
Hi, I am beginner to Rapidminer and I wonder if you could help me to migrate data from four excel files in Rapidminer to conduct a prediction model on. Greatly appreciated in advance.
Tagged:

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

What do you mean by migrate?
    There's a Read Excel operator. You can use it by setting up the import with the wizard or with the default settings. It's then a good idea to put the data into your repository using the Store operator.

If you have a large number of Excel (or other) files to process, take a look at the Loop Files operator. It helps with doing these things automatically.

Here's the official RapidMiner training video:
    https://rapidminer.wistia.com/medias/fyfagg7rp9

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    You are probably also going to have to worry about joining the data together if it is related data spread out across multiple files, so take a look at the Join operator and the Append operator.  Joins can be tricky unless there is a clear and simple id field that is the same and present in all your input files.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts