Options

stored process

myRM404414myRM404414 Member Posts: 14 Learner I
edited December 2018 in Help
I stored some processes and when I bring them again in "Process area", they appear just as a single operator: I assume that  it is the synthesis of all the components used to build the process, but it would be more useful to have all of them in detail. Is there a way to have all the operators of a stored process shown?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

how did you do the "bring them again" part?

When you drag and drop a process from the repository, you're getting an "Execute Process" operator.
    If you use the Open Process function in the menu or the toolbar, you're opening the original process again.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Actually the Execute Process operator is very powerful, because it allows you to call a stored process within other processes.  This means that if you need to make changes to the original process, you can do it in one location (the original one) and then all subsequent processes that depend on that process will automatically get the current version when they call it via Execute Process.
    You could in fact simply copy all the individual operators from the original process into your later process (using simple copy/paste functionality) but that would be less advantageous because then if you made changes in the original, they would not automatically be reflected in the copy. 
    So basically, if you don't actually need to change the original process then you are better off calling it via Execute Process.  If you do need to change it then you should decouple them and simply use copies of the original process operators.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts

Answers

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Thanks to both of you. I had seen the Open command but I was disturbed by the window "Save changes to..." that was not very reassuring. And actually I still don't understand why there is this question when I simply try to open a process... what changes is RM talking about if I'm just opening a process? That is to say... what changes whether I answer YES or NO?

• Options
    Also, lot of times a selected process is not opening. I thought "open" command was like in every SW, but here it seems quite strange.