Performance (Binomial Classification) Operator

razaabdirazaabdi Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited July 2019 in Help
I want to extend 3 or 4 digits after decimal point in calculating accuracy using Predictive Operator: Performance (Binomial Classification). Please apprise me.

Thanks & regards,
Abidi.

Best Answer

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @razaabdi so that's a good question but I would first wonder why you would want more decimal places. As I'm sure you're aware, it's significant figures - not decimal places - that generally guides the precision of the measurement. I would be curious to know why your data would require more that four significant figures.

Scott

• razaabdirazaabdi Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Yes, good question, sgenzer, actually, I am a PhD candidate and as per the requirement of Journal's reviewer that if I calculate the accuracy up to 3 or 4 digits after decimal so, it would be good to identify the best performance algorithm. But, indeed it is not as important but it is required by one of the reviewer. Thanks,
    Raza.
    But no problem, sgenzer, I will manage it.

Thanks for your support.

With kind regards,
    Raza.
  • hughesfleming68hughesfleming68 Member Posts: 323 Unicorn
    edited December 2018
    @razaabdi. If you set the fraction digit numbers in the preferences to a higher number then you will increase the number of decimal places of the performance operator.
    But how to increase the decimal places of the performance operator ??
    Look under the Number Format section in the preferences. It is a global setting. Mine is set to five digits. It also affects the performance operators.
    Thanks a lot hughesfleming68 for your valuable answer, I have changed it to five digits but it only affects AUC value not accuracy, precision, recall, f-measure, sensitivity, and specificity. Actually, my utmost requirement is four significant figures after decimal in accuracy. Please help me. Thanks,
    hughesfleming68, Really awesome, excellent help from your side. Thanks a lot. Issue resolved.
    I am glad you got it working!
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    yes sorry @razaabdi I did not answer before but happy you have a good solution. If your journal reviewer needs a refresher course in significant figures, let me know :wink:

Thx @hughesfleming68 - forgot about that setting! :wink:

Scott