Running Gradient Boost Model Error "Boot class path mechanism is not supported"

zorrozwozorrozwo Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited December 2018 in Help
Hi guys, get the following error message when running a Gradient Boost model. Any idea of a solution...?
Thanks a lot!

Exception: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
  • Stack trace:
  • java.management/sun.management.RuntimeImpl.getBootClassPath(RuntimeImpl.java:99)
  • water.H2O.main(H2O.java:1820)
  • com.rapidminer.h2o.ClusterManager.startCluster(ClusterManager.java:186)
  • com.rapidminer.h2o.operator.H2OLearner.learn(H2OLearner.java:101)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.learner.AbstractLearner.doWork(AbstractLearner.java:151)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.Operator.execute(Operator.java:1025)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.execution.SimpleUnitExecutor.execute(SimpleUnitExecutor.java:77)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.ExecutionUnit$2.run(ExecutionUnit.java:812)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.ExecutionUnit$2.run(ExecutionUnit.java:807)
  • java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.ExecutionUnit.execute(ExecutionUnit.java:807)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.OperatorChain.doWork(OperatorChain.java:428)
  • com.rapidminer.operator.Operator.execute(Operator.java:1025)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.execute(Process.java:1322)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1297)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1183)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1136)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1131)
  • com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:1121)
  • com.rapidminer.gui.ProcessThread.run(ProcessThread.java:65) 

Tagged:

Answers

• JessForbesRMJessForbesRM RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 38 RM Data Scientist
    Hello,

What java version are you running?

Also can you provide some context as to what is being passed through the operator?  Is this something that occurs when you use the operator in the context of the tutorial?  One of the cooler features in Rapidminer studio is the help view which updates based on the operator that you have selected. 

For almost all of the core operators our team has developed a tutorial specific to the operator to help our users learn and improve their skillset 

If you get the same error on the tutorial it suggests to me that you may have a corrupted install but if the tutorial works with the operator then I think our issue stems from whatever context its being used in and to help troubleshoot that we would need some more information.  
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    yes thank you @zorrozwo can you please send me your rapidminer-studio.log file, the process, and the data that produces this error via DM so we can replicate? If it's not public, let me know and I can send you a link to a OneDrive folder to securely send. Thanks.