Options

RapidMiner Crashes when Exporting Process using Print/Export Image OR Export Process

ljorzicljorzic Member Posts: 12 Contributor I
edited January 2019 in Help
Hey guys and gals,
has anyone experienced a similar error? My RapidMiner on MacOS 10.12.6 is crashing whenever I try to export my process using either "Export Process" or "Print/Export Image". This happens regardless of the process, even with one blank module.

Any recommendations?
Best,
Lino

Here's an Excerpt from the Crash Report:

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        28  Java: AWT-EventQueue-0

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000008
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x8:
-->
    __TEXT                 000000010e95a000-000000010e96c000 [   72K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/RapidMiner Studio.app/Contents/PlugIns/jre_1.8.0_XX.jre/Contents/Home/bin/java

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @ljorzic can you please send me a PM with your rapidminer-studio.log and cta.h2.db files? That would help me retrace your steps.

Thanks.

Scott

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    and just curious - why are you still on 10.12 (Sierra)? It's two versions behind the most recent OS (10.14 "Mojave").
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Hey @sgenzer ,
    I just sent you the requested files.
    Regarding my choice of OS: Everything works right now, Sierra still gets stability and security patches, so I'm good. Since I am and have been working on finishing my studies (Master's Thesis) and this is my main writing machine, I've learned better than to mess with something I'm depending on while wanting to concentrate on something else.
    That said, a clean install of Mojave is on my list for this spring :smile:

Best,
    Lino
  • Options
    ah ok all makes sense @ljorzic. Yes I agree not to mess with things when you're in the middle of a big project. I'm glad everything is working now and thanks for the log files. I will take a look today. Please let me know if it happens again.

Scott

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Hey @sgenzer,
    sorry, this wasn't clear: RapidMiner still crashes on that operation, I was referring to my machine in general, so "everything works" is probably not the correct choice of words. The problem persists, I can not export my process.

Best regards,
    Lino
  • Options
    ok weird. Let's continue on PM. Scott
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,510 RM Data Scientist
    edited January 2019
    in the beta for RM 9.2 (released a few minutes ago) we have a complete new charting engine. Maybe it is better to take this.

Edit: Nevermind, you talked about images of processes...

BR,
    MArtin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    thx @mschmitz I think (?) we sorted it out. There's a good name that @Marco_Boeck has coined for what is happening here but I will try to keep this conversation clean. :wink:

Scott

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    edited January 2019
    Hi,

Is your Mac having a touchbar? I found some other application crash reports looking almost identical for Macs with a touchbar.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    @Marco_Boeck the Java installation was really messed up due to some homebrew installations - we suspect this may be the culprit. Log files show no crash at all - just ends.