( Clustering) with (association rules)

EbteEbte Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
edited January 2019 in Help
How can I do ( clustering) with (association rules) together in  RapidMiner ?

Best Answer

Answers

• David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research
    Hi,

could you explain a bit more what you want to do?
    In RapidMiner you can easily apply both algorithms with existing operators. But how do you want to combine them?

Best,
    David
  • EbteEbte Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
    I want to do clustering (e.g Customer visit segmentation ) and I want to do association rules to search for associated products based on these segmentation
    edited January 2019
    Thank you so much,

David_A 
    I want to ask you about these codes in your reply , how can it help me ? How can I use it ? , Because I am new to RapidMiner ^_^
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @Ebte the links that are at the top of the page when you wrote your post are very helpful - they explain all about using XML (like David shared). :smiley:

You can get back to this page by clicking on "Ask a Question" at the top of any community page.

Scott

Thank you @sgenzer :smiley:

Can you help me with this?

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @Ebte so yes, it's saying that you need more computer RAM to run the process you're trying to run, or reduce down the size of your data set via sampling, etc.. How much RAM do you have? What's the size of your data set?
    hi @sgenzer
    my computer memery is 8GB
    dataset : 
    Number of examples = 1363 ,
    5 attributes:       
    8GB is the bare minimum for RapidMiner. That said, try restarting RM (it will clear out all memory entirely) and/or use the "free memory" operator in a few places. It may help. Or just get more RAM :smile:

Scott

@sgenzer Ok thank you :blush:
    I think because “Loop values" the process stop, and they show “ process fails “,
     Is there a solution other than “Loop values” in previous reply of @David_A?
  • David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research
    Hi @Ebte,

I'm travelling at the moment, so it might take a bit of time to invest your issue.

On a first guess: the FPGrowth algorithm can be quite memory intense. You could try to uncheck the "run in parallel" check box of the Loop Values operator. So it might run a bit slower, but does not require so much memory.

Best regards,
    David

Ok @David_A  Thank you ..
    ' I will try.. '

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    FP Growth is a real memory hog!  You might not be able to run it at all with only 8Gb RAM even on a relatively small dataset such as yours.  You could also consider setting up a RapidMiner Cloud account and paying for the credits to run just that part of the process which is most memory intensive, then storing the output in a Repository, and doing the rest of the analysis locally.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts