ALL FEATURE REQUESTS HERE ARE MONITORED BY OUR PRODUCT TEAM.

VOTING MATTERS!

IDEAS WITH HIGH NUMBERS OF VOTES (USUALLY ≥ 10) ARE PRIORITIZED IN OUR ROADMAP.

NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO SUGGEST A NEW FEATURE, PLEASE POST A NEW QUESTION AND TAG AS "FEATURE REQUEST". THANK YOU.
Options

Automatic feature engineering: including and excluding features

kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn
edited February 2019 in Product Ideas
Hi there,

Is there a simple way to explicitly exclude certain features from optimization / selection process? Which means, I want to run feature selection, but I have a few features that I want to leave in a feature set no matter what, so they are not automatically removed during selection.

UPDATE: I have actually found a workaround, however it complicates the process flow a bit: using SET ROLE to change role of given attributes from regular to smth else, and then change it back to regular before training final model and applying it to test subset: 

This also requires that APPLY FEATURE SET keeps originals and makes special role for them: 

So far, my concern is whether it would be more convenient just to have an additional setting in AUTOMATIC FEATURE ENGINEERING operator to explicitly exclude or include a certain attributes subset? 
5 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

PROD-832

Comments

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,
    This is a good idea - we should move this to the product ideas section to see if it gets some upvotes or is picked up by product management, @sgenzer
    Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    done
  • Options
    kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn
    Thanks @IngoRM @sgenzer

I think this can be implemented for example using standard operator setting for choosing attributes (like in SELECT ATTRIBUTES): single, subset, etc