Options

Is RapidMiner actually being maintained?

Arjan_SAArjan_SA Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
Hi,
It occurs to me that many issues described in this forum 6 to 8 years ago, still exist in RapidMiner. Even for issues on which was promised to be solved. Even for simple issues like misleading documentation.

For example: In April 2018, a question was asked about the file layout for the Stem (Dictionary) object. The answer was that the documentation was misleading, as there should be no spaces around the colon. 
However, this is what I read in the current RapidMiner version for this object: "The file must contain a rule per line: targetExpression : patter1 patter2 ...". Hence, still spaces around the colon.
(By The way: this layout does not work for multiple patterns, it does when each pattern gets its own line......)

This makes me wonder if RapidMiner is actually still under active maintenance, or that maintenance has been stopped?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Arjan_SAArjan_SA Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for your clear answer, @sgenzer. I saw a new version come by last week, which said enough.... 

Too bad (for me) though that I appear to be one of those blue moon users...... :wink:
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    thanks, @Arjan_SA. Yes sometimes it's frustrating when you are one of those blue moon users. If it makes you feel better, I am often in the same position! :smiley: In all seriousness, that's why we're an open-source package with an SDK for those that want to extend the package in some edge use case direction. 

Scott