Disaster using RM 9.2 on Macbook pro 2018

AliArbab94AliArbab94 Member Posts: 6 Learner I
Hello,
Did anyone face a problem using RM 9.2 on mac? By just using a simple read csv. function, RM crashes after second time running of the process (JUST 1 function). We tried and it happened over more than 8 MacBooks and it happens every single time; thus, we have to force quit the app and the next time it happens again.
I would be happy if anyone can help.
Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hi @AliArbab94

Is it getting stuck on the process or the program is closing itself throwing an exception? Can post rapidminer-studio.log file here or send them to @sgenzer in a personal message. He can help with this. One more question, does all these MacBooks have touch bar?

Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• AliArbab94AliArbab94 Member Posts: 6 Learner I
    Hi @varunm1
    Yes, it stucks on the process and also mine is with touch bar.
    How does it relate to the touch bars? 
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello @AliArbab94,

It doesn't. I use macOS Mojave 10.14.3 on a MacBook Pro with TouchBar. Do you mind to share the failing process with us? I can't reproduce the error with only the description.

All the best,

Rodrigo.
  • varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    I remember @Marco_Boeck talking about this in a different discussion. Hope he can look at this.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

edited February 2019
    Guys this is exactly what happens after running the simplest process. Also, sorry for the screenshot. I had to take it with my phone in order for you guys to see the mouse sign
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @AliArbab94 thx for this report. Unfortunately I do not see your screenshot. Can you please follow these steps?

1. Reboot your Mac.
    2. Start RapidMiner Studio
    3. As soon as it crashes (assuming it does), you should see an Apple-produced crash report. Copy this text and paste it into a text document.
    4. Send this document + your rapidminer-studio.log files + your exact Mac setup (hardware, peripherals, monitor(s), etc...) to me at sgenzer [at] rapidminer.com

Scott

@sgenzer I've sent you an email and I don't know why I cannot upload the image here.

These are the files.
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    for others - this was resolved by unchecking the "Displays have separate Spaces" in Mission Control (System Preferences).