Options

Extract Sentiment - Value calculation

lena_rubenilena_rubeni Member Posts: 4 Learner I
Hey, 

I was wondering if anybody knows how the final scores in the extract sentiment operator are being calculated. How can I have a negative sentiment when all values in the matrix are positive?

Thanks for help!

Greetings
Lena

Answers

• Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello @lena_rubeni,

AFAIK, the Extract Sentiment operator calculates the sentiment based in what the WordNet provides, and it reflects whether the sentiment is neutral (down to zero), negative (near to -1) or positive (near to 1). The complexity of the calculation depends on what parts of speech are you including in your process.

Do you mind to include your process to make a more educated guess? :smile:

All the best,

Rodrigo.
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hello @lena_rubeni if you mean the new Extract Sentiment operator in the Operator Toolbox extension, that has not officially been released yet. Some of the documentation is built into the operator help menus. 

Scott

• Options
    lena_rubenilena_rubeni Member Posts: 4 Learner I
    Hi, 

attached is my process. Where can I find the new Extract Sentiment operator in my toolbox? I just updated RapidMiner and cannot find it. 

Thanks 
    Lena
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @lena_rubeni so that operator has not been released in the Toolbox extension yet. You won't find it.