Getting the function of the Regression in the ExampleSet, Visualisations Register in a Scatter Chart

CarloCarlo Member Posts: 12 Learner I
edited July 2019 in Help
Hi Community,
I would like to get the function of the displayed regression in the visualisations register (Example Set) for a Scatter Chart is there any possibilty?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Carlo

Best Answers

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

Currently that is not possible, but for linear regression in Scatter plots the function will be shown in the tooltip with the next patch (9.2.1).

Regards,
    Marco
  • CarloCarlo Member Posts: 12 Learner I
    Hi Marco,

sounds great - is there already a date defined for the next patch?

Thanks again,

Carlo
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I cannot give you a definitive date, but right now the patch is planned for the week of the 18th.
    Obvious disclaimer: if something goes wrong it may get delayed.

Regards,
    Marco
    Okay thanks :)

Do I have another option to get the the regression function for several sets of my example set?

Regards,
    Carlo
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    if you just want the regression function you can use the "Linear Regression" operator. :wink:
    Hi sgenzer, thanks for your post. I tried already the Linear Regression operator but my problem is, that I need the Linear regression for a several set of countries. So p.e. I need the Linear Regression for Italy, Spain and Portugal (first set) and second set France, Netherlands, Germany (second set) etc. etc.
    The linear regression operator works only with numerical numbers, which means I have to delete the column of the country names, so then I can not set different sets. In the result I have just one regression function for all the data / all the countries...