Options

Auto Model

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Learner III
edited March 2019 in Help
Hi there
Would you please tell me how can I change the predictive algorithm in َAuto Model?
I mean that: how can I use spesific algorithm that I need except  algorithms that we have in Auto Model?
Bcause this is the first time that I use Rapidminer. 

Best Answers

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    AutoModel is limited to a specific set of algorithms that are chosen because they work well in a wide variety of use cases and can be applied automatically through the wizard interface.
    If you need a specific modeling algorithm that is not one of the preselected choices, your best bet is to use AutoModel to generate a model, then open the actual process associated with it, and then change out the learner algorithm manually.  This may then require you to select additional model parameters depending on the algorithm chosen.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited March 2019 Solution Accepted
    Hello @mbs

As mentioned by @Telcontar120 you cannot add more models directly into Auto Model. But you can open any model in automodel by clicking open process and copy the XML of that process. You can find XML code by going to View--> Show Panel--> XML. Once you copy the XML code from XML window then open a new blank process window and paste this copied code in the XML window of a blank process. Click on the green tick mark on XML window, this shows you the operators in the process window. Here you can change the model you want and add some parameters related to that model.

Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

Answers

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Telcontar120 
    Thank you for you're suggestion. Would you please explain it more? Especially this part: " your best bet is to use Auto Model to generate a model, then open the actual process associated with it, and then change out the learner algorithm manually.  This may then require you to select additional model parameters depending on the algorithm chosen."
    sorry I couldn't understand it completely.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    varunm1 
    Thank you very much. I will try you'r suggestion and I hope to handel it.
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    I also would recommend to go through the in-product tutorials under the menu Help - Tutorials.  These are designed to teach you how to build and edit processes (which would be necessary for this).  Also this course here (and the other materials in the Academy) are likely to be helpful: https://academy.rapidminer.com/learning-paths/get-started-with-rapidminer-and-machine-learning
    If you struggle with any of this, I would actually recommend to NOT try and do this but just go with Auto Model instead.  The models in general work well on a large variety of use cases and data sets and it might not be worth the efforts to try different models just to get 0.5% more accuracy (or something like that) ;-)
    Just my 2c,
    Ingo
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Thank you every body for your helpful suggestion and your responsibility.  :)