Options

"RapidMiner License Clarification"

mlg1988mlg1988 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello everyone,

How can RapidMiner be used for a small to medium business?
I did read the Pricing page on the website for RM,
but it would be very helpful to get first-hand feedback also,
how others are using RM, how useful is the free version,
and at what point you needed to upgrade and get a paid version?

Thank you
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    I agree with Varun.

For small enterprises, the free version is OK, it has all the functionality and a 10,000 row limit. This can be extended to up to 50,000 rows by inviting other people to use RapidMiner. Should be enough for many tasks.

At some point you start to realize that RM saves you enough expensive data scientist time to make up for the price of the commercial version which can use multiple CPUs and finishes your processes faster. 

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Yip, this is all true, especially from the perspective of Studio.  Here the main drivers are to become commercially engaged with us are the number of rows as well as Auto Model and Turbo Prep.  For the rest of the platform and also the company itself, here are some more reasons (copied from a different thread...):
    • Need for more "power", i.e. rows or performance in our case.
    • Need for productivity gains, i.e. Auto Model and Turbo Prep.
    • Need for operationalization, i.e. RapidMiner Server.
    • Need for collaboration and the support of complete teams, i.e. again RapidMiner Server.
    • Need for advanced technology support, i.e. Radoop for pushing computations on the cluster while keeping the ease of use.
    • Need for a deeper relationship with us, i.e. for support or having insights and the possibility to influence our roadmap.
    Hope this helps,
    Ingo

• Options
    SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
    The usual road is to start with the trial 30 days license, then when it's over you can test the free version for a while, more often than not it is not enough.

It must be noted that you get great support from RapidMiner or one of the partners with the paid licenses, it's not only about the processing capabilities.

Another point of interest is the scability options from RM Server. One Large license can serve really big companies, the medium and small are somehow limited.

Regards,
    Sebastian