RapidMiner 9.2 BETA is released - feedback wanted

sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
Hi all - Lars and his team have released RM 9.2 BETA this morning with a TON of great new features: Auto Model with text data, complete rebuild of our charts engine, much improved RM Server upgrade process, and much more. You can give the team direct feedback at the bottom of this page, or of course just chime in here. Enjoy!

Scott

Comments

• emmanuelameyawemmanuelameyaw Member Posts: 1 Newbie
    hi guys..is there advanced chart option in version 9.2
  • varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hi @emmanuelameyaw

The major change in 9.2 is the charting options. You can go through below links to check what's new in this version of RM. Hope this helps.

https://rapidminer.com/products/whats-new/
    https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/studio/releases/

Thanks,
    Varun
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• zbouchenoirzbouchenoir Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Hey guys, I've had someone ask me about issues when using Scatter Matrix and Parallel plot. They upgraded from 9.1 to 9.2 and now have the error message "Plot parallel_coordinates does not support NOMINAL value column type ('attribute_57')." when running those two things. 

Anybody have any idea why this is/have any potential fixes? 

Thank you!
    Zacharie
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

As the error message says: They do not support categorical (nominal) columns, in this case "attribute_57" is the culprit.

Regards,
    Marco
  • stanislav_khalistanislav_khali Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    questions about new chart engine:
    - how do plot on the second axis? ( I want to put together a simple lift chart Prediction on the left axis, and exposure on the right axis)
    - how do i sort the x-axis categories? ( Im plotting a discretized variable with ranges from 1-7, the order in the graph is  2-3-4-1-6-5-7)
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    edited February 2019
    Hi,

- If you add a second (or more) y-axis, the plot config gets a new selection at the bottom which allows you to select the y-axis the plot should be tied to. Obviously, if you have more than 1 y-axis, you also should have more than 1 plot so you can actually make use of the other y-axis :)

- The category values on the x-axis are taken in the order as they appear in the data. For numerical data we sort it, but for categorical we cannot make the assumption that it would be ok to sort it. So you need to pre-sort the data (e.g. via the Sort operator).

Regards,
    Marco
  • jacobcybulskijacobcybulski Member, University Professor Posts: 391 Unicorn
    How do you create a stacked bar chart in RM 9.2. The new bar graph allows the columns to be grouped and values aggregated. However its stacking is confused - we really need to provide a class attribute for stacking (we can call it color if needed) - as was in the previous version of RM 9.1. It is great that now we can stack multiple attributes one on top of another (multiple values) but we've lost the essential functionality of what stacking really is.

Jacob
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    edited March 2019
    I also miss this feature.  Actually the only thing I really miss in the new visualizations since I like them otherwise A LOT :-)
    Looks like there is some hope that this feature comes back in a future version ;-)
    In the meantime, you can bring back the old charts as well in menu Settings - Preferences and then search for Chart.  Activate the legacy charts then...
    Hope this helps,
    Ingo
    edited March 2019
    Hi,

You indeed need to prepare your data before, e.g. by pivoting. This is something which will be looked into, so you may very well see a color option in the future for bars as well because it's not very convenient right now.

Regards,
    Marco
  • jacobcybulskijacobcybulski Member, University Professor Posts: 391 Unicorn
    Thank you @IngoRM, yes I have discovered the legacy charts. However, in the meantime I have decided to use a treemap which sort of provides a similar functionality (and more) as stacked bar charts.
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Good idea indeed!