Options

I signed up for the Education License Program but Got a Trial Version Instead - How do I fix this?

VazquezVazquez Member Posts: 2 Newbie
I applied for an education license in order to get access to rapidminer for free as I need it for my course - however, when it installed, it came to my attention that this was a trial version - which is not the version I need. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it several times now but it still reads trial version. My classmates were all able to download it without any problems, so I am not sure why this is not working for me.
I have both automatically synced and manually input my education license into the rapidminer software that I downloaded and nothing has changed. 
I do not know what else to do, I have looked all over this website for answers with no avail. I have read that you just have to let the trial expire but my trial reads that it does not expire, so I have no idea what to do next. HELP PLEASE! I really need this for a course. 

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    RapidMiner always uses the biggest available license. The 1-month trial license is "bigger" for it then the educational one.

So don't worry, after one month you will switch to educational.

Best,
    Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    VazquezVazquez Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    Then what is the next step? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. I cannot even the the statistical results on the trial version, this is what I need for the course...
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

The trial version has full access to everything. It is completely unlimited!
    Therefore, you don't need to do anything, it will expire after 1 month and you will roll-over to the educational license automatically.

Regards,
    Marco