PM SEVERE: Failed to create HTML5 browser!

Parth_IntwalaParth_Intwala Member Posts: 1 Newbie
I am currently using Windows 10 64 bit OS and version of rapid_miner is 9.2 which was the only version available to download. Now, when I want to visualise the data it prompts an error: "PM SEVERE: Failed to create HTML5 browser!".

P.S. Resolve it as early as possible.

Answers

• varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @Parth_Intwala

There are a couple of workarounds for this.

1. Using Legacy charts: You can switch to legacy charts and try them in case it's urgent. You can change to legacy charts in RapidMiner studio by going to Settings--> Preferences --> User Interface. Then select the below options highlighted in Red.

2: In the second case you can try to open HTML 5 in safe mode. This options is also present in Settings --> Preferences --> User Interface. Then at the end of this page select HTML5 Safe Mode and try.

Issue: To understand the issue, try to open Rapid Miner from the bat file. You can find bat file in C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio folder. You can double click the RapidMiner-Studio (file type Windows Batch File). Once you double click this file, it will show you are a command prompt that is initializing RapidMiner once it completes opening RapidMiner studio. You can use CTRL+F to search for HTML in the command prompt window and see what you are going on there. For me like its working fine, I am getting as shown in below figure. In your case, you can see and post here. 

There is a similar question in the below thread. @mschmitz can provide some information.

I hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• azleenaazleena Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
    I'm using Mac, how to solve the problem
  • User40550User40550 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    .. same problem here (Win10, 64bit), using 'safe mode' ist not a solution:
    Mar 26, 2020 2:50:08 PM INFO: HTML5 safe mode enabled. Skipping hardware accelerated browser setup test.
    Mar 26, 2020 2:50:24 PM SEVERE: Failed to create HTML5 browser!
    Legacy Charts are working.

Best regards,
    Ingo

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

What does your rapidminer-studio.log file found in the C:/Users/xxx/.RapidMiner folder contain?

Regards,
    Marco
  • User40550User40550 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    .. ok, it was my fault: "Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus Edition x64" blocked the "BrowserCore Chromium Native Process".
    I didn't noticed, that this is a component of RapidMiner.

Best regards,
    Ingo