Options

Replacing numeric values (Map) in Turbo Prep

TripartioTripartio Member Posts: 37 Maven
edited June 2019 in Help
It seems that Turbo Prep does not have the option to replace numeric values (e.g. replace all occurances of 555 with 5); it seems that replace only works with nominal values. This might have something to do with the oddity that the Replace operator in RM only works on nominal values, whereas Map is the appropriate operator for numeric values. But how then can I replace values using Turbo Prep?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    @Tripartio

Good Question. Yes, I didn't see an option for mapping in Turboprep and replace doesn't work on numerical data as mentioned in your post. To replace in turbo prep I changed the type of attribute using "change type" option in transform to Category. Then I replaced the values as needed and then again changed the attribute type back to numerical.

@IngoRM can suggest more on this.

Thanks
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,
    The way @varunm1 is describing this is the way to go for now.  I have added the idea of allowing to replace also for numerical values to the feature request list though.
    Best,
    Ingo