Options

Is it possible to export database connections from a server and import to a different server?

User136828User136828 Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
We recently set up a new RapidMiner server and I would like to copy the database connections from an existing server to the new server.  Is there a way to easily do this?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi!

There is no supported or easy way to do this.
    However, the connections are stored in a database table in the Server's backend database. You could try to export the contents of just this table and import it on the new server. But it's a good idea to be careful and do it step by step, one by one first. 
    The encryption of access credentials might be different on the new server, so it might be necessary to re-enter them.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

Currently, there is indeed no easy way. However, with the new connection management coming in 9.3, this will be alot easier for future connections as you can then copy them over from one Server repository to the other.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    haha I was just about to write the same thing as @Marco_Boeck....stay tuned for HUGE improvements in connection mgmt in RapidMiner 9.3.

[For veteran users like myself with connection chaos on my machine going back versions and versions, this solves a huge pain point. PM me if you want a sneak preview :wink: ]

Scott