Options

Contribution of the predictors to the target variable, ROC curve Editing,

SA_HSA_H Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
edited February 2020 in Help
Please I have two questions:
1- How can I estimate the contribution of the predictors to the target variable in a binary classification problem.
2- How I can edit the figures exported from rapidminer and in particular ROC curve.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @summer_helmi

If you are looking to understand the contribution if an attribute (predictor) on the prediction, RM has a "explain predictions operator", this operator will provide you with the predictors that supported and contradicted each prediction label (might be a correct or wrong prediction). This operator will calculate the local correlation of each predictor on the predicted label.

You can use online image editors for editing images or adobe tools.

Thanks
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Some ML algorithms directly output global independent variable importance as well.  It just depends on the algorithm you have chosen.  Explain Predictions generates local estimates which are good for understanding specific cases but not necessarily for understanding which ones are the most important overall.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    edited April 2019
    ...but not necessarily for understanding which ones are the most important overall.

100% agreement.  In many cases it becomes "visually" obvious though since the globally important columns "stand out" since they have bolder colors in most cases.  I saw that now quite often and I am thinking about putting this into an algorithm right now... 

But you can also use any of the "Weighting" operators to calculate global importance BTW.

Just my 2 cents,
    Ingo

• Options
    SA_HSA_H Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
    edited April 2019
    Thank you all for your replies. I will try the suggested operators.