classification results of new instances

User43239User43239 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited January 2020 in Help

I am a novice in using the RapidMiner. My question is "How can I see the classification results of new instances after creating a classifier using a traning dataset?". Many thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello,

Let's go step by step:

- Retrieve your training data. Let's sayĀ Titanic Training from the samples dataset on the Repository pane.
    - Drag the algorithm you want to train. Let's sayĀ Random Forest from theĀ Modeling > Predictive > Trees folder in the Operators pane.
    - Connect theĀ out port of your Titanic Training data to theĀ tra port on theĀ Random Forest operator.
    - Drag theĀ Apply Model algorithm from theĀ Scoring folder in the operators pane.
    - Connect theĀ mod port on theĀ Random Forest operator to theĀ mod port of theĀ Apply Model operator you just dragged.
    - Retrieve your unlabeled data. Let's sayĀ Titanic UnlabeledĀ from the samples dataset on theĀ Repository pane.
    - Connect theĀ out port from theĀ Titanic Unlabeled data to theĀ unl port in theĀ Apply Model operator.
    - Connect both ports from theĀ Apply Model operator to theĀ res ports in the end of your canvas.

If you do this, you may be able to see this:

If you press play, theĀ Apply Model will just send results to theĀ Results tab. What you will see is a model (or a representation of it), and the results of your new instances after creating a classifier using a training dataset. Just like this:

The prediction is your target. Tweak a few times and come back to execute. This is your window.

BTW, RapidMiner Academy has all this knowledge available. You may want to check it out.

All the best,

Rodrigo.