How can I classify one example into multiple classes if necessary?

PrenticePrentice Member Posts: 66 Maven
edited October 2019 in Help
Hello,

I have yet another problem/something I don't know. I've looked on similar cases but couldn't find an answer for my case. 

How can I make test data with multiple labels?

How can I make test data with multiple labels?
Say I have an example:
I like bananas and oranges as well. 
The labels for this sentence are "banana" and "orange".
Would the input be another attribute with label 2, so that I have an attribute label 1, label 2 and maybe even label 3? Or the example twice but then with a different label, all under the same label attribute?
I like bananas and oranges as well. -> banana
I like bananas and oranges as well. -> orange

I know that Polynomial to Binomial Classification is a thing, but I don't understand what it does after reading the help or the tutorial process. 
The problem is also that not every example necessarily has two labels, a lot have one, some have two and a few could have three. 
I thought of something like this, but I don't know if it would work or if it's effective.
For a case with an example that has two classes:
I like bananas and oranges as well. The probability would probably be something like Banana:0.435, Orange: 0.422, Pear:0.093, Apple:0.05. 
And then for Probability<0.5 (or between 0.4 and 0.7, something like that) the two highest are the two designated classes. If higher probability higher than 0.5 (or 0.6 or something) it's one class. 
The same would be for a case with three classes, but then the probability needs to be around 0.33.

Or am I thinking too difficult now? I don't know, and that's why I need your help.

Thanks in advance
-Prentice

Best Answer

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Maybe you want to use Generate Prediction Ranking?

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • PrenticePrentice Member Posts: 66 Maven
    edited April 2019

Thanks, I'll try to make something out of this.