Visualization - Density Maps

mvemve Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Where can I find the visualization plot option Density Map in the new version 9.2.001?

Best Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Solution Accepted
    I don't think there is a direct replacement for density plots in the new charting framework.  For the time being (this functionality will likely go away though at some point in the future), you can activate the old charts again like it is described here: https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/comment/57412#Comment_57412
    Sorry for the inconvenience, but the reality is that we sometimes need to make cuts in order to improve the architecture of RapidMiner or bring ourselves into a better position to keep innovating.
    Thanks for your understanding,
    Ingo

Answers

• varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited April 2019
    Hello @mve

If you are asking about Heat Map/Density Map, you can find this in visualizations of your results. 

Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• mvemve Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Thank you for your answer, @varunm1 ! Have found the Heatmap - but I cannot get the same result as with the old Density Map plot. For Density Map you should choose X- and Y-axis from the variables included - but the plot choices for Heatmap are not similar...
  • varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    I am not much into plotting in RM, maybe @sgenzer or @Marco_Boeck can answer your question.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

Thanks, @Marco_Boeck - that explains why I can't find the plot option.
    Very sad about this since we used this plot on regular basis. Have you any suggestions to any similar plots or other programs to do density maps?
    Great, @IngoRM - this works and I can now make density maps again!
    So now is only left to hope that the plot will not be axed to soon :wink:  

Thanks,
    Mette
  • jczogallajczogalla Employee, Member Posts: 144 RM Engineering
    Hi @mve!
    Just a quick update that the x/y heat map is currently available in the 9.3.0-BETA version of RapidMiner (see community post here). Feel free to test it and give feedback if we can improve on it!
    Cheers
    Jan
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hey Jan,
    Just tried to set it up in the 9.3 Beta but somehow I don't seem to get it... I kind of was expecting to define which columns should go on the x and the y axes and which one to use for the color...  But I did not manage to get a result I would have expected.  Can you please post a quick example, let's say, for Iris?
    Many thanks,
    Ingo
  • jczogallajczogalla Employee, Member Posts: 144 RM Engineering
    Hi Ingo,
    I'd refer to @pschlunder here, I think he already used it. I will look if I can find a quick example.
    Cheers
    Jan
  • Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @IngoRM, @mve, @varunm1.
    Please find attached screenshots for Iris to compare the Density and Heatmap visualizations.
    What has been updated in 9.3 is the ability to aggregate the color axis and e.g. create an average value for that.
    I hope that helps.

Happy Mining,
    Edin