Predefined Topic lists

ManarManar Member Posts: 9 Newbie
Hello everyone..
I have a question.
1- When I have predefined topic lists, which contains some words to extract the suitable topic of each Arabic documents.
Cosine similarity is considered a good solution for this problem?
or latent Dirichlet allocation (LDA) ?
Please, could you guide me to do that in rapidminer? 
Thanks.

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    This is an interesting question.
    @mschmitz is the resident expert on LDA (well at least he has written the operator) but I am pretty sure that is not going to help you here because I don't think you can feed the LDA algorithm a predefined set of topics.

So I am not actually sure what the best way to accomplish this would be. I guess you could put together a wordlist with the words for each predefined cluster and then try to build a polynominal classification model but that might not give you the output you really want.  @mschmitz do you have another approach you would recommend here?  

P.S.  I don't think the language is really an issue, it has more to do with the structure of the problem.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    so you have a word list which contains key words. The more keywords are in a text, the more likely it should be in the topic?

That's not LDA.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • ManarManar Member Posts: 9 Newbie
    Ok , thank you..