Right values for k and max run and dbscan epsilon and min point issue

EluElu Member Posts: 5 Newbie
Hi All,

Please i would like to know when one can tell the right values for k and max run when using kmeans algorithm. how do i also evaluate and interprete the results to know when k values is right? Is there a comprehensive video/material showing this? also how would i know the right value for epsilon and min point in DBSCAN. How do i evaluate and interprete results. Is there also a comprehensive video/material showing this? Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• EluElu Member Posts: 5 Newbie
    Where do you then input the k means value and squared errors value? Do not fully understand the elbow method
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hi @Elu,

I didn't read this before. The elbow method is just a method to be used to determine the value of k in a graphical manner. Basically you put a value for k and run the algorithm, showing if the amount of examples on each k change as dramatically as possible. When that point happens, you have your best k. But it's trial and error, as there is no way for us to make sense of each k value.

All the best,

Rodrigo.