Problem occurred after installing Rapid Miner Server ?

GruGru Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
edited July 2019 in Help
Problem is : This site can’t be reached sk refused to connect. 

Here SK is my Hostname and My URL is : http://SK:8080.
I'm unable to connect RapidMiner server.

Answers

• MarcoBarradasMarcoBarradas Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 272 Unicorn
    edited May 2019
    Hi @Gru Are you able to connect to it through ip?
    SK has the port 8080 open?
    Can you access the localhost:8080 on the host?

• GruGru Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
    edited May 2019
    I am unable to connect through IP.

May be its open for SK, but i also tried other ports like 8888, same problem with other ports too.

No i'm unable to access the localhost:8080 on the host. It also gave me the same error page on browser.

Here below in quotes is the error while opening the URL in browser:

"This site can’t be reached

localhost refused to connect".

when i simply enter the URL: http://SK or http://localhost then a white page open.
  • MarcoBarradasMarcoBarradas Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 272 Unicorn
    Hi @Gru Have you started the server on the host? To do it you need to run the standalone.bat
    It should be on
    [Your Installation Path]\bin\standalone.bat
    check after running it try to access through localhost:8080 on your host computer.
    If that doesn´t work please upload you log
    You'll find it on 
    [Your Installation Path]_HOME\log
    Yes, i started but not working.

But when i open/ execute standalone.bat, the cmd prompt screen did't hold, it automatically close before 1 sec.

Here is the log,  from C:\Users\SK\rapidminer-server\rapidminer-server-home\log
    And here is standalone.log from path C:\Users\SK\rapidminer-server\rapidminer-server-9.2.1\bin
    when i am entering my URL : http://SK:8080
    No admin page is open, as i told earlier the page that open having error message: 

"This site can’t be reached

localhost refused to connect".

When i install Serve, i take some screenshots, that are attached with this post.
    @Gru
    I don't know if your are installing on a Windows Server but check if you have created the JAVA_HOME variable.
    Try to create that JAVA HOME variable looking at this link: 
    https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19182-01/820-7851/inst_cli_jdk_javahome_t/
    Also check the java version compatibility:
    https://docs.rapidminer.com/

@rfuentealba which version of java is not compatible with Server? on the log I read he is using jdk-12.0.1
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    @MarcoBarradas from Java 9 onwards, Oracle removed some functionality, hence it's not backwards compatible. A safer bet would be to use Oracle JDK 8. I'm not entirely sure if it works with OpenJDK 8 too, worth the test.

But, for starters, you can install Oracle JDK 8, not declare the %JAVA_HOME% variable and set it up on standalone.bat.

Let me read the logs first and I'll be back in 10 minutes.
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    It took me less than 10 minutes.

@Gru you can install JDK 8 from Oracle and modify the following files in your RapidMiner Server installation.

File: rapidminer-server-home/configuration/version.properties
    rm.server.java.home=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_211.jdk/Contents/Home
    File: rapidminer-server-9.2.1/bin/standalone.conf
    JAVA_HOME="/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_211.jdk/Contents/Home"
    File: rapidminer-server-9.2.1/bin/standalone.conf.bat
    set "JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_211.jdk/Contents/Home"<br>

That way you don't have to uninstall RapidMiner Server and install it again.

BTW, use your Java location. Mine is on a Mac.

Hope this helps,

Rodrigo.
    MarcoBarradas .
    I also tried with Java 8, still same problem occured as when i am using Java 12.

Now i am using Java 12 i.e. jdk-12.0.1. But still i am stucked. What shoul i do?
    When i open my URL: http://sk:8080/ It didn't show me any login or admin page. They give my error : 

This site can’t be reached

localhost refused to connect.

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    hi - your log files show that RM Server is finding Java 12 instead of Java 8. THIS WILL NOT WORK.

java.home = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-12.0.1
    	java.io.tmpdir = C:\Windows\TEMP\
    	java.library.path = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-12.0.1\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Users\SK\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\SK\.dotnet\tools;.
    	java.net.preferIPv4Stack = true
    	java.runtime.name = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
    	java.runtime.version = 12.0.1+12
    	java.specification.name = Java Platform API Specification
    	java.specification.vendor = Oracle Corporation
    	java.specification.version = 12
    	java.util.logging.manager = org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager
    	java.vendor = Oracle Corporation
    	java.vendor.url = https://java.oracle.com/
    	java.vendor.url.bug = https://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/
    	java.version = 12.0.1
    	java.version.date = 2019-04-16

You MUST use Java 8 for RM Server. Please see RM Server Installation docs for more on this. It is very likely that if you have both Java 8 AND Java 12 installed, RM Server is looking in the wrong place (see discussion above about JAVA_HOME). Hence I would uninstall all other versions of Java except Java 8, then re-do installation process.

Scott

Currently I am using JDK 8. But stucked in the same problem

I have installed Java SE Development Kit 8u211. There is another one thats 8u212.
    Is the problem occurred because of i installed 8u211 instead of 8u212.
    Another error picture

and standlone.bat file is not opening
    SEVERE: Error trying to connect to the database!
    java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    	at 
    Hello @Gru

I am on the phone. Sorry for the message with that error. However that one clearly states that your problem is now with the MySQL database.

TBH I could never use MySQL as a database, I always used PostgreSQL. @sgenzer might have some more ideas.

Regards!
    No there is no problem with Mysql database, the connection is successfully established.
    I know you see the log file, but there is no problem with db, i thinks that error in log is because, when i filled the entry while installing db, i fill wrong password after that i correct it and connection established.
    I also post a picture of services, there is another problem, what was that ?
    When i click start button, the rapid miner server service not running. It shows me above message. Why ?

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @Gru @rfuentealba I have had no problems with MySQL and, being a SQL amateur, I find it a bit easier to use than PostgreSQL.

It's clear from the log that your pwd correction did not take for some reason. TBH, if it were me, I would delete the installation and start from scratch. You probably have something messed up in the config and it will take less time (and you will be better off) with a new clean install. And don't mess up the pwd :wink:

Scott

edited May 2019
    Now look the problems that occurred after clean and full installation.

Problem 1: Rapid Miner service cannot start properly.  Here below is the picture showing  a pop-up error message.

How to resolve this ? See the picture .  . . There is a problem 1.

log file?
    Problem 2: The standalone.bat file is unable to execute or run. When i  click it to open, it not hold or visible and immediately automatically closed. A empty command prompt screen is open for few nano seconds and then disappears. I never see anything in cmd prompt. 

I also attached with this post.

Here the Log life, attached with this post.
    And the MAIN PROBLEM, that occurred is i am unable to open admin page of server or rapid miner server is not open.

Here is my server URL. (which didn't work)
    http://SK:8080

and error screen that occurs is attached with this post below.

I am very very very thankful to ___________ ???
    If someone solved my problem. So that i haply continue my work on Data Mining and analytics.
    I am doing my Phd work by taking Rapid miner as a tool. I delay my Phd because of my failure to connect with server. Its my last chance on Monday. 
    I thankful to all who helping me, but still cannot connect to Rapid miner server.

Waiting for problem solver . . . . . . . . .

My problem is not solved yet. No one responded from 2 days !!!!