Options

Hello guys. I need a help!!

AinaAina Member Posts: 1 Newbie
I am now in my last year in my university which make me to do the Final Year Project. Its just a few weeks more to end. My FYP is about crime analysis by using Apriori algorithm which in scope of Business Intelligence. My problem now is, in my syllabus, I need to evaluate my techniques that is Apriori algorithm based on Literature review (LR). Unfortunately, I didnt find any LR that related to evaluated my FYP. Can you guys help me because I have to set the N,T,C,D,U,M,S in order to get a better decision for visualize my data. Anyone have suggestion or answer for my problem?

btw, I didnt used the FP-Growth since my last senior already used it. 

Answers

• Options
    alliaallia Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Dear Aina,
    I'm reading your question and I'm genuine trying to help, but I don't quite understand your setup and the problem. Could you rephrase for clarity? I can see that 34 people already read your questions, and might have had the same comprehension problem that I do. 
    A better framing of your problem might be helping us help you.
    Kindest regards,
    Allia
  • Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Dear Aina,

The Apriori algorithm is available via Weka. However, I haven't found information about parameter tuning for it elsewhere. When I used the Apriori algorithm for something very similar to your approach, I used the Python extension.

I'll leave this link here: https://stackabuse.com/association-rule-mining-via-apriori-algorithm-in-python/.

You can perform all your data processing in RapidMiner and just use this, which in turns isn't the same thing your senior already did, but it also opens the possibility for your juniors to experiment with different algorithms even if they want to do their own implementation ;-)

All the best,

Rodrigo.