Macros explanation

PapadPapad Member Posts: 68 Guru
edited December 2019 in Help
Hi everybody,
Can anyone give me a simple explanation of macros meaning and way that we use them?
Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @Papad

Here is one simple use case. Imagine you have a process which trains and validates a model on a certain dataset. It has various operators, each of them has different settings. You can use SET MACROS operator to define values of your most important parameters (for example, validation settings, model settings etc), so each time you need to change a certain parameter you don't need to go thru the whole process and open corresponding operators parameters, but you can control these parameters in a single place (SET MACROS operator). In some sense, you are controlling hyperparameters this way. 

Hope this sounds clear :) 

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    the RapidMiner Academy has a full explanation for you:

https://academy.rapidminer.com/learn/video/macros-demo

Scott

• PapadPapad Member Posts: 68 Guru
    I've already watched this, but I couldn't fully understand it. I would appreciate it if you could give me a simple explanation of it's meaning and it's use.
    Thanks in advance. 
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @Papad ,
    what of the video did you not understand?

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • PapadPapad Member Posts: 68 Guru
    What I understand is that typically we set a different name and we can make changes by using it. But I've got the feeling that this is just a very simple explanation and I can do more things with macros that I don't understand.