File output for Execute Python

mpinedampineda Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,

I have this issue and I hope you can help me solve it. What I want, is to download an Excel file from RapidMiner Web with a conditional formatting. This Excel file is an output of a process on the RapidMiner Studio.

I usually do this with the Write Excel operator.. but I want to customize the file with conditional formatting, and this can't be done with that.

So, I use the Execute Python operator and with code give the format I want to the file.. but this works if I write the file on my local repository. This is close to solve my issue, but what I want is to download that file from RapidMiner Web.. so the output of the process should be a file that keeps the given format.

That is my idea.. but I don't quite know how to do it. Also if you have different ideas that can solve my problem, are very welcome.

Thanks a lot!!
Tagged:

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello, @mpineda,

Have you seen the Advanced Reporting Extension? It seems to do what you want.

https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_adv_reporting

All the best,

Rodrigo.
  • mpinedampineda Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Hi @rfuentealba

I already take a quick look to this extension, but not quite solve the problem :(

Although, thanks a lot!
  • btamasbtamas Employee, Member Posts: 11 RM Team Member
    Hi @mpineda ,

if you want to use your own format, you can save your spreadsheet directly in the python code. Alternatively you can return a file descriptor object from the rm_main() method in python, and then use the Write File operator to save it in Studio directly to a file. I think both approach will solve your problem.

If this doesn't help, you could provide me more details about your problem (you can also write me a private message, if you like) and maybe I could show you a better solution.

All the best:
    Bence Tamás