Hello,How can i make correlations between some questionnaire responses,if they are not numbers?

CorinaCorina Member Posts: 4 Newbie
My responses that i get through the questionnaire are multiple and not numbers, how can i transform the answers in numeric format? thank you a lot
Tagged:

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Nominal to Numeric will do that for you, but be sure to use the "dummy coding" option and not "integer coding" if your survey answers are not actually in some kind of numerical scale rating.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • CorinaCorina Member Posts: 4 Newbie
    Thank you! can someone explain me when exactly i should press the dummy coding when i make a correlation, if if there are some tutorials about this kind of correlations. I must mention that i do not know to use this program, im a bigginer! thanks a lot
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hello @Corina there are help menus + tutorial processes for all of the most common operators including Nominal to Numerical. I would strongly recommend reading the Help menu and examining the tutorial process.

Scott