What type of validation does Auto Model use for small data sets?

ChinChin Member Posts: 2 Learner I
Hi Everyone,

I am in the middle of using RapidMiner Auto Model for classification in my thesis but can't seem to find information regarding what type of validation is used for Auto Model on a data set of 100 items. What type of validation does Auto Model use in my situation and can someone link me to documentation that I can reference for writeup? 

Also, what is the default split between testing and training data for Auto Model? 

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Answers

• varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @Chin

Currently, Automodel splits the dataset into 60:40 ratio (train:test). This is same for any dataset and doesn't depend on the size as per my understanding. Once the automodel executes, you can access it and see how the process is working.

Hope this helps
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    The only drawback of this method is that it cannot provide predictions for all the samples in our dataset incase we want to analyze (Example: healthcare data for the individual patient). But this is a specific requirement, so we need to manually add cross-validation to auto model process in this case. There will always be a trade-off :smile:
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• ChinChin Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    Thanks so much for your help, @IngoRM and @varunm1 : ) : ) : ) I really appreciate it.
  • YinYin Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
    @varunm1 is there a link to show how to implement CV in auto model? I think would be helpful to many given the number of questions about this. Thanks.
  • YinYin Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
    PS: I saw the main CV implementation video (link below) but that is different than manipulating the one in automodel. Any guide on doing this for auto model specifically? how to link things? E.g. Split data has only exa as input and par as output, but CV has mod, exa, yes, and per as out put.